According to a report from the Washington Examiner, four Republican women could be on former President Donald Trump’s shortlist for a running mate in his 2024 nomination bid. The potential candidates are North Dakota Governor Kristi Noem, New York Representative Elise Stefanik, Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and former Arizona journalist Kari Lake.
However, a strange potential pick that many Trump advisers hope he avoids is Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. While not mentioned in the Washington Examiner report, several people have spoken to Greene about her ambitions, and “War Room” podcast host Steve Bannon said in an interview with NBC News that she sees herself on the shortlist for Trump’s VP.
- Donald Trump has yet to select a running mate for his 2024 nomination bid.
- According to the Washington Examiner, four Republican women could be high on Trump’s shortlist.
- The potential candidates include Kristi Noem, Elise Stefanik, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Kari Lake.
- Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia is seen as a potential pick, but many Trump advisers hope he avoids selecting her.
- Greene has expressed her ambitions to several people, and Steve Bannon said in an interview that she sees herself on the shortlist for Trump’s VP.
With the 2024 presidential election approaching, the Republican Party is looking for a strong candidate to lead the way. Donald Trump remains a popular figure among the party’s base, and his selection of a running mate could significantly impact his chances of winning the election. The four Republican women mentioned in the Washington Examiner report are all strong candidates, with experience in politics and ties to the Republican Party.
However, the potential selection of Marjorie Taylor Greene as Trump’s running mate has raised concerns among some Republican advisers. While Greene has shown loyalty to Trump in the past, her controversial statements and actions could harm the Republican Party’s chances of winning the election. Ultimately, Trump’s selection of a running mate will be a crucial decision that could impact the future of the Republican Party.